From Bach to Beatles to Broadway, Miriam’s extensive musical repertoire includes:
- Pop of all Decades
- Holiday Selections
Whether you want classical or country, rock or new age, Broadway show tunes or movie themes, romantic ballads or jazz standards, Miriam plays it all!
Piano lessons in the 3th grade and accompanying the high school choir were the beginnings of a long music career for Miriam, a Wittenberg University graduate with a Bachelor of Music Education with emphasis in piano and harp. Miriam’s harp studies were with Jean Harriman, OSU instructor and CSO harpist, Jeanne Norton, OSU harp teacher and Pro Musica harpist, and additional studies were completed with Alice Chalifoux of the Cleveland Orchestra and Salzedo Summer Harp Colony.
Today, Miriam continues honing her skills by attending harp festivals, conferences and workshops across the country – including Lyon & Healy’s Jazz & Pop Festivals and The American Harp Society National Conferences. She has extensive background in Kodaly (Capital University), Orff (OSU) and Dalcroze (Carnegie-Mellon) music studies.
- Published twice in Harp Columnmagazine:“Harpin’ Safe & Sound” article
“Going Steady” article, covering Miriam’s steady Sunday brunch engagement
- Published in WOSU’s AirFaremagazine:“Make Time for Music” feature article describing Miriam’s assignment for students to plan
music during dinner using WOSU radio music
- Workshop Presentation for the Gahanna Schools’ Young Authors Conference, presenting “From Verse to Song”
- Workshop Presentation for the AHS Columbus Chapter Conference presenting “A Company of Chords”
- Earned the “Nationally Certified Teacher of Music” designation in piano teaching – NCTM
- Named CEOMTA District and State “Nationally Certified Teacher of the Year” – 2022
- American Harp Society – served as VP and Secretary of Columbus Chapter
- OMTA (Ohio Music Teachers Association) – VP of Student Activities, Chairman of Out & About
- The National Guild of Piano Teachers
- MENC (Music Educator’s National Conference)
Miriam was great. The music was beautiful and she was wonderful. She spent a lot time with me playing music and making sure we picked out exactly what I wanted for the ceremony. I would highly recommend Miriam if you’re looking for a harpist! She was dedicated to my happiness and was very professional.
Her music was absolutely breathtaking!
A Masterful Performance!
We engaged Miriam and Valorie to play a harp & flute duet for our ceremony and cocktail hour, and could not have been happier that we did. Miriam was wonderful in the planning process, engaging us to discover our tastes and ultimately helping us to plan a wonderful playlist that suited our style. Their performance was a work of art, having played beautifully despite the outdoor ceremony in high heat. Our videographer told us after that he was so captivated and amazed by their rendition of one particular song during the cocktail hour that he forgot to pick up his camera! Having these talented artists play on our wedding day was one of our best decisions, and we could not recommend them highly enough for any event.
Brian & Adam